Factors responsible for flood occurrence can be classified into two categories one that is caused due to natural disaster and the other one is manmade disasters. The major reason for natural disaster is duration and intensity of rainfall. Intensity relates to the rate or speed of rainfall that happens at a particular time period whereas duration relates to the time factor for how long it may last. Both of them will surely result into flooded situation because there is no control of human on anyone of them. When we talk about manmade disaster it is concerned with broken or burst water pipelines, plumbing fault, chocked sewer lines, sewage backup or due to crack in walls or floors. But they can easily be prevented with some remedial measures.
Pre Planning for floods:
It is quite difficult to face natural disaster but your planning for the same can be a great step to avoid the serious consequences. Your pre planning can strengthen up your backup and save your family members for an unexpected event. Therefore is becomes essential to draft a plan well in advance to overcome the situation. There is a list below that may be helpful for you while drafting plan for floods.
- Draft a lay out for the plan like:
- Learning about the risk that may happen to you while floods.
- Finding out what type of floods is most possible to strike your community?
- How to prepare yourself for the same?
- Finding out whether your community has any warning alarms or not?
- What steps to be taken to protect your live stock?
- What steps to be taken to protect elder people at your home?
- What steps to be taken to protect small kids and babies at your home?
- Once you are prepared with the lay out start framing up with Disaster plan to save your family and community.
- Fix a meeting point for a discussion with the community members.
- Work out for some plan for effective communication plan for emergency period.
- Make preparation for the best possible way to evacuate from the place with the shortest escape routes.
- Make arrangements with the necessary eatable stuffs for easy survival of your family.
- Keep the back up of all the valuable documents for future reference because flood water may damage them and can make it impossible to recover.
- Keep the list of all emergency contact to communicate in case emergency.
- Keep in touch with local authorities and flooded basement cleanup company in Long Island New York to update them your condition so that in case it things go out of control they can come with their assistance.
- Confirm with the checklist to ensure that your preparation is going with the drafted plan.
With such remedial measures it will be quite easy to tackle the situation and come up with better result. It assists you to protect from an unfortunate event and even result in fast and easy recovery of the same.